The Flyers did not disappoint in the end result of their home opener, defeating the Colorado Avalanche by a final of 4-2. After breaking out to a 2-0 lead, the Flyers let the Avs climb back to it being 2-2 before Jeff Carter snuck home a weak backhander through the legs of Craig Anderson and Darroll Powe tacked on an empty netter. Some quick points on the game:
– Sergei Bobrovsky made 25 saves to collect his second victory in as many tries in a Flyers uniform.
– The Flyers dominated in shots, outshooting the Avalanche 38-27.
– The Flyers took 4 penalties, giving them 25 total. In three games. Yikes.
– Claude Giroux has two goals this season, both of the shorthanded variety
– Jeff Carter got on the scoresheet for the first time this season tonight, tallying two goals for the Flyers
– Chris Pronger played in his first game in a Flyers uniform since Game Six of the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals last year, finishing with a +2 and 20:26 total ice time
– Peter Laviolette needs to get the power play clicking. The Flyers were an awful 0-4 with the man advantage.
– The pre-game ceremony was very touching and it was a great sight to see the 2009-2010 Eastern Conference Champions banner get unveiled.
– Kimmo Timonen led all skaters with 24:48 mins played.
– Andrej Meszaros continues to impress. His salary may be a little steep, but he’s given me no reason to complain through the first three games of this season.