The Flyers have played one game – tonight – since their last contest this past Saturday. Unfortunately, tonight brought the same result as their last match-up against the Anaheim Ducks. The Florida Panthers defeated the Flyers in Sunrise, Florida, tonight, 4-2. I’m on the road for broadcasting, but here are some Quick Hits from tonight’s game:
- The Flyers twice blew leads in this game of 1-0, and 2-1.
- Claude Giroux tallied his first goal of the season
- The Orange and Black were outshot 28-27
- Ray Emery was average on the evening, making 24 saves on 27 shots.
- Last year, the Flyers gave up 1 shorthanded goal (scored by current Flyer Blair Betts), this year, the Flyers have had 2 shorthanded goals against them, with Radek Dvorak giving the Panthers a 3-2 lead in the third tonight.
- Chris Pronger played 30:21 tonight. Guy’s a horse
- Braydon Coburn played over 27 minutes as well.
- JVR returned to the lineup from injury, and tallied an assist on Arron Asham’s first period goal.