Ondrej Pavelec (15-9-5) for the Atlanta Thrashers vs. Sergei Bobrovsky (16-6-3) for the FLYERS.
- Scoreless frame, with both Pavelec and Bobrovsky doing more than enough to keep a pair of zeroes on the board.
- Andrew Ladd (15) continues his Flyer torment from last season’s Stanley Cup Final and his strong play this year as he opens the scoring beating Bobrovsky through the five-hole.
- Less than a minute later, Jody Shelley (2) blocked a shot, led a rush, and ripped a slapper by Pavelec – just as everyone would expect – to make it a tie game at one.
- To continue with the trend of scoring in bunches in the second frame, Kimmo Timonen scored his second of the season as All-Star Claude Giroux picked up the assist just 19 seconds later.
- Oddly enough, with just three and half seconds left in the period, Rich Peverley evened the score at two on the power play – Peverley’s 12th of the season.
- The Flyers broke the draw at 12:48 of the third period when Danny Briere scored – AGAIN – for his 24th of the season. Leino and Hartnell with assists
- The Flyers extended their lead when Giroux (17) found the back of the net less than five minutes later to make it 4-2. Matt Carle and Jeff Carter picked up assists.
- Carter scored his 18th to ice the game in empty-net fashion and get the Flyers the big road victory in Atlanta.
FINAL: Flyers 5, Atlanta 2.
Shots were 36-29 in favor of the Flyers.
Flyers were 0 for 3 on the PP, Atlanta was 1 for 3 with the man advantage.